Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, January 17

What a coincidence

Now I’ve heard a lot of different things about coincidences, and whether or not they’re true remains to be seen. But how about this: I happen to be half kiwi. No, not the fruit! Kiwi in that my Dad was born and raised in New Zealand.
For those like the little air-head in my Socials class that asked what that long skinny island is underneath Australia, (To which, I have to say, I found ever-so-slightly offending,) the said long skinny island under Australia is in fact New Zealand. (I don’t mean to stereotype, but yes, she’s a blond. She also later wrote on the quick quiz which was only naming European countries that Scotland was actually New Zealand.)
But I digress. New Zealand happens to be a mostly agricultural country. It’s got every kind of postcard scenery that you would ever want, minus barren wasteland deserts.
If you’ve ever had a good lamb roast, it probably came from NZ. Here’s some MORE coincidence for you. My uncle just arrived last night from - well what do you know - New Zealand! And while he was chatting with my dad, I picked up 2 more useless/interesting facts:

1) You can bring in 6 bottles of spirits, 8 bottles of wine, and 12 cans of beer into NZ. (Apparently the person who made that one up was never that big a beer drinker.)

2) New Zealanders are the most frequent travelers. There are 4 million people in NZ and every year, 6 million people leave.

And now that I’ve bored all 2 people who read this blog to tears, I will sign out and do something productive. I was going to go on and talk about some issue that I read about in the New Yorker, (we’ve been getting the magazine for 5 years and just now do I actually start reading it,) but I’ve filled my quota of writing useless crap, and I’ve completely forgotten the issue/topic. SO when I find it, or remember it, and can get my lazy butt to write about it, I promise to update!

Good Web Comic – www.applegeeks.com
By the way, feel free to throw rotten vegitation at me for this, I didn't actually mean to write that much....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home