The Teachers are on Strike... AGAIN. Now will everybody shut up?
Ok, for those who are deaf, blind, live in a cave, and don’t know that teachers are having another strike “for the kids”... umm they are. Now me, I don’t mind it when teachers are on strike. Even more so this semester because I have one provincial (English) and that’s not really something I’m panicking about. Personally, I love impromptu vacations. Any chance I get to be reminded how pathetically empty my life is without school is good with me. So consequently, I’ve spent the last week watching TV or playing Sims until no earlier than one am, then sleeping in until ten.
So to all you teachers, here’s to you! Cheers! You’re doing this for the collect “us” I know, but will everybody SHUT UP about it already? Since I can’t get my dad to listen to anything but talk-radio, I’ve been listening to a lot of opinionated windbags bitching about how the teachers are wrong, and the government is wrong, and the parents are being wronged, and why the hell won’t the teachers go back to teaching and how are kids going to know right from wrong if the teachers (aka role models) are breaking the law, and the teachers are standing up from bullies and JUST SHUT UP!
THE COLLECTIVE POPULANCE NEEDS HOBBIES!
Not only that, but will someone finally figure out why every two years school is being interrupted by one strike or another? Now I know that it’s a public school system, and all public school systems are crap, but still! I’ve lost count of all the times in my mere 14 years of school I’ve had to endure the crescendo of wage and class sizes moans while we kids run around wild and largely uneducated. Look, you don’t know crappy job until you’ve been a waitress at a retirement home’s dinning room. It sucks, and it’s hard to find a job in a small town. Actually, you don’t know crappy jobs until you’ve been a waitress, period. So quit moaning.
That, and there’s a small matter of:
I NEED MORE TIME TO DO THE HOMEWORK I’VE BEEN PUTTING OFF FOR A WEEK!
Go teachers! Keep sticking it out there so I can finish this report. THEN you can go back to teaching. So you’re missing 50 bucks a day, at least you’re not making minimum wage with 50¢ tips.
Feeling – In a slightly comatose state of … nothing … should I be concerned?
Listening to – The Macarena and Punk Rock Girl > woot!
Word of the day – Aerodynamically curvaceous
So to all you teachers, here’s to you! Cheers! You’re doing this for the collect “us” I know, but will everybody SHUT UP about it already? Since I can’t get my dad to listen to anything but talk-radio, I’ve been listening to a lot of opinionated windbags bitching about how the teachers are wrong, and the government is wrong, and the parents are being wronged, and why the hell won’t the teachers go back to teaching and how are kids going to know right from wrong if the teachers (aka role models) are breaking the law, and the teachers are standing up from bullies and JUST SHUT UP!
THE COLLECTIVE POPULANCE NEEDS HOBBIES!
Not only that, but will someone finally figure out why every two years school is being interrupted by one strike or another? Now I know that it’s a public school system, and all public school systems are crap, but still! I’ve lost count of all the times in my mere 14 years of school I’ve had to endure the crescendo of wage and class sizes moans while we kids run around wild and largely uneducated. Look, you don’t know crappy job until you’ve been a waitress at a retirement home’s dinning room. It sucks, and it’s hard to find a job in a small town. Actually, you don’t know crappy jobs until you’ve been a waitress, period. So quit moaning.
That, and there’s a small matter of:
I NEED MORE TIME TO DO THE HOMEWORK I’VE BEEN PUTTING OFF FOR A WEEK!
Go teachers! Keep sticking it out there so I can finish this report. THEN you can go back to teaching. So you’re missing 50 bucks a day, at least you’re not making minimum wage with 50¢ tips.
Feeling – In a slightly comatose state of … nothing … should I be concerned?
Listening to – The Macarena and Punk Rock Girl > woot!
Word of the day – Aerodynamically curvaceous

1 Comments:
Ok, this is SO annoying. Like they can't get enough with my junk mail folder - now they have to target my BLOG!!!
KILL WREAK DESTROY ALL SPAMMERS!!!!!!!!
NAH!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home