Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, October 18

Telling not showing - The Distracted Waitress

I wrote this in my Creative Writing. It was really just a little exercise, but it was the first time I was actually intrigued by a character I spilled onto paper.

Everyone ignores the waitress. We exist only to haul plates in and out of the kitchen. We are invisible; you can’t see us. We don’t have lives of our own. I know this because I am a waitress. When I take your plate away and pause you think I’m looking at the fabulous job you’ve done of transferring the food on your plate to the smeared mess of your tie. Well maybe I’m not admiring your double chin and receding hairline. Maybe I’m looking at the blond bimbo hanging onto your arm and realizing she would look great in the wedding dress I have collecting dust at the back of my closet.

And one of my best friends has chicken pox.
Chicken pox sucks.


Feeling: meh.
Listening to: From Monuments to Masses - The quiet before
Word/ Phrase of the day: like a splinter in your mind

1 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

interesting...There aren't any blonde bimbos hanging on my arm though. Waitresses are fun. They have their name tags and everything. Yup.

5:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home