Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, October 16

Dubbing Singing in the Rain

I started watching Singing in the Rain on YouTube. (Oh what a glorious thing, I’ve watched about 4 movies in the last week on this thing.) And like most old movies, they prolong the dance scenes until someone with little patience, such as yours truly, wants to scream. So while I waited for the movie to load so I could fast foreword, I flipped back to iTunes. My eye happened to catch a song from the new Evanescence CD called Lacrymosa. And as I listened to it I went back to YouTube. Just on a hunch for a laugh, I turned the sound off of Singing in the Rain and whatever cavity ensuing song they were playing and kept Lacrymosa going. It was AWESOME! A stroke of genius, and very ironic considering the plot of Singing in the Rain as well. I also highly recommend for the song Singing in the Rain, an instrumental version of the Lord of the Dance. I picked random spots of each and somehow managed to get it timed almost perfectly!
Then there was another dance scene where I put in some sort of Middle Eastern kind of lounge techno sort of thing. Fleur Du Desert by Arnica Montana and the whole dance scene turned into one weird sort of psychedelic acid trip…


Feeling: Highly Amused
Listening to: Lacrymosa – Evanescence (The Open Door)
Word/ Phrase of the day: Mommy make it stop

1 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

interesting... I actually sang in the rain the other day. It was fabulouso. yup. I don't know enough music stuff to even pretend to dub stuff over...i dont know enough music.

4:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home