Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, August 23

A Challenge

In the last couple of weeks I’ve had a lot of time to think. Usually, it’s a frightening procedure that ends up in a lot of watching classic movies. (I’m a sucker for a good classic romance.) But I also was on vacation with my family for a 3 week road trip. So not only did I have an inordinate amount of time to think – I had an inordinate amount of time to think while watching dramatic coast line, redwood forests, city lights, and barren desert flash through the window.

Personally, I’m about to start “turning the pages to the next chapter of my life” as one of my own little idols (who happens to share the same name and similar outlook on life,) described it. So all that thinking was a good thing. I think I got a chance to accept who I am and try to understand who I want to be. Along with thinking over every opinion I’ve ever had.

I warned you – me thinking is a dangerous thing.

So here’s a challenge – because I just can not resist…
Watch Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, and Sabrina. Then take a minute (or 120) to research Vivien Leigh, Olivia de Havilland, and Audrey Hepburn. *optional – research other classic movie stars and their lives and lifestyles*
Wander around a playground for three hours while being stood up by a friend. Drift home and finish off the challenge with the Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, and V for Vendetta.


See where your thoughts lead you...

Drugs ain’t shit to this mindset.




Feeling: Both listless and restless
Listening to: Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin
Word/ Phrase of the Day: …bugger

1 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

Thats a lot of movies...
And just for effect,
Thats a lot of movies...

Is that for one day? Wow...well, lots of thinking isn't a bad thing. I guess it depends on the conclusion, if one was reached. When you think lots, it's like you ge picked up and pulled away from everything. Then you fly. Then it puts you down wherever you end up. So even if you didnt reach a conclusion, where you are is different.

Thinking prolly is our most powerful weapon for changing our own lives. Take what you will from these thoughts of an undereducated guy.

Thats a darn good phrase mate.

11:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home