Could this be an omen? 0.o
So I’ve returned to my previous habit of never really posting, but that’s okay. Whatever. Anyway, things have sort of calmed down, my Mum is away on vacation. (It’s the first time she’s been on a plane by herself since she went on a fam-trip when I was about a year and a half.) So it’s been fun with just me, my Dad, and my sister. Interesting, but fun.
My job still sucks though, and although the place where I work was *supposed* to close on the 21st. But whaddya know, it’s still alive and kicking! On the one hand, I’m still getting a paycheck. On the other, I haven’t been able to work much because of everything else and my boss is being a pain. And we’re not open on weekends anymore, which sucks because that’s the best time to work.
Then there’s the matter of staff. On the one hand, half the staff has left. On the other hand, a couple of people who left won’t be missed. And the amount of staff turnover is actually incredible even when we're not about to close. To bad the boss won’t leave as well…
I was thinking about applying to a grocery store nearby, since they’re hiring like mad because they’re expanding.
Pro – I’m more likely to get hired when people are desperate. That, and waitressing in the same place for 6 months has to have some merit for someone my age. And I’ll be working full time during most of the summer as well. *sigh*
Pro – It’s a big store, so in theory, it’ll be easier getting good shifts.
Pro - It’s a big store, so in theory, I’ll be able to take the three weeks off at the end of the summer, or I could just quit because starting fall, I’ll be going to collage and probably will want to get a job in Vic. (?)
Con – Last night I had this really depressing dream where I bought a candybar at [said grocery store] and the guy at the checkout was totally harassing me because he said I was stealing more candy with that. But he couldn’t prove it because the security tapes didn’t catch me. Then the woman behind me told me that stealing candy was no way to get over my divorce and every time I tried to deny it and tell them I was actually 17 and I’d never been on a date, let alone married, my mouth was full of candy which made me feel like such a pig.
You’re free to laugh your head off at this one because, yes, it’s really weird, random, and would make Froid a ton of money, but as of now I don’t want to even walk in there, let alone work there.
That, and the store uses those stupid 'club card' things and those are just plain annoying... And useless... And they charge people more if the don't go to that store often. It's such a jib! But, meh. I job's a job, right?
…Stupid dream.
Listening to: Gogol Bordello (best band ever)
Feeling: Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee
Word/Phrase of the day: "If you can see more clevage then a plumber's ass - DON'T GET INVOVLED!"
My job still sucks though, and although the place where I work was *supposed* to close on the 21st. But whaddya know, it’s still alive and kicking! On the one hand, I’m still getting a paycheck. On the other, I haven’t been able to work much because of everything else and my boss is being a pain. And we’re not open on weekends anymore, which sucks because that’s the best time to work.
Then there’s the matter of staff. On the one hand, half the staff has left. On the other hand, a couple of people who left won’t be missed. And the amount of staff turnover is actually incredible even when we're not about to close. To bad the boss won’t leave as well…
I was thinking about applying to a grocery store nearby, since they’re hiring like mad because they’re expanding.
Pro – I’m more likely to get hired when people are desperate. That, and waitressing in the same place for 6 months has to have some merit for someone my age. And I’ll be working full time during most of the summer as well. *sigh*
Pro – It’s a big store, so in theory, it’ll be easier getting good shifts.
Pro - It’s a big store, so in theory, I’ll be able to take the three weeks off at the end of the summer, or I could just quit because starting fall, I’ll be going to collage and probably will want to get a job in Vic. (?)
Con – Last night I had this really depressing dream where I bought a candybar at [said grocery store] and the guy at the checkout was totally harassing me because he said I was stealing more candy with that. But he couldn’t prove it because the security tapes didn’t catch me. Then the woman behind me told me that stealing candy was no way to get over my divorce and every time I tried to deny it and tell them I was actually 17 and I’d never been on a date, let alone married, my mouth was full of candy which made me feel like such a pig.
You’re free to laugh your head off at this one because, yes, it’s really weird, random, and would make Froid a ton of money, but as of now I don’t want to even walk in there, let alone work there.
That, and the store uses those stupid 'club card' things and those are just plain annoying... And useless... And they charge people more if the don't go to that store often. It's such a jib! But, meh. I job's a job, right?
…Stupid dream.
Listening to: Gogol Bordello (best band ever)
Feeling: Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee
Word/Phrase of the day: "If you can see more clevage then a plumber's ass - DON'T GET INVOVLED!"

1 Comments:
well, I'm a blogger nerd and the less you post, the less I can occupy myself with on the blogger net. And if you're bashing Safeway...It is a pretty good place. I'd rather work at thrifties than there, but from where I am, either would be better. I suppose that's the same for you. And about the cards...You can use phone numbers, so if you have a friend who has the card, just give them that number and BAM!, you're in. And you'd prolly see people you know at work more often. Dreams that happen while you're sleeping can be massively warped.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home