I’ve just had one hell of a disappointment.
“To err is human; to forgive, divine.” Those would be a couple of the many immortal words of – you guessed it – Alexander Pope. So English Lititure class has been fun so far. We started at Beowulf and worked our way down a couple centuries in the last month(s?) or so. And today, we talked and read Alexander Pope.
I kid you not!
When I saw a picture of him I was so amazingly shocked. If you saw a picture of him as well, you would be too. So I’ll add one in to prove my point.

THERE IS A COMPLETE LACK OF THE POPE HAT. Why is there no Pope hat? You may ask. Well believe it or not, he was not a Pope! He was another upper-class poet who was a skinny hunchback so he wore three pairs of tights.
*I DISPARE!*
I think I also made some old woman’s day on the bus when I was telling my friend this on the way home from school as well. She had a cotton ball in her ear (weird much?) but she still had no problem listening in on our conversation about my total ignorance.
But can you really blame me?
Pope as a last name is like making ‘Jones’ the next word for ‘King’. IT MESSES WITH YOUR MIND
Listening to: Shy Kind of Guy - Gogol Bordello (I think I listen to this band too much, but I guess that depends on how much 'too much' really is.)
Feeling: 'I have a test tomorrow for a class I haven't been paying attention to for the last couple of days' + Stressed + Don't want to go to work tomorrow : ( + HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
Word/ Phrase of the day: Why?
I kid you not!
When I saw a picture of him I was so amazingly shocked. If you saw a picture of him as well, you would be too. So I’ll add one in to prove my point.

THERE IS A COMPLETE LACK OF THE POPE HAT. Why is there no Pope hat? You may ask. Well believe it or not, he was not a Pope! He was another upper-class poet who was a skinny hunchback so he wore three pairs of tights.
*I DISPARE!*
I think I also made some old woman’s day on the bus when I was telling my friend this on the way home from school as well. She had a cotton ball in her ear (weird much?) but she still had no problem listening in on our conversation about my total ignorance.
But can you really blame me?
Pope as a last name is like making ‘Jones’ the next word for ‘King’. IT MESSES WITH YOUR MIND
Listening to: Shy Kind of Guy - Gogol Bordello (I think I listen to this band too much, but I guess that depends on how much 'too much' really is.)
Feeling: 'I have a test tomorrow for a class I haven't been paying attention to for the last couple of days' + Stressed + Don't want to go to work tomorrow : ( + HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
Word/ Phrase of the day: Why?

1 Comments:
Well, I suppose with the names...that would be like saying that you're from the story of Robin Hood because your last name is Sherwood. But this pope guy sounds like he would've made a good pope. Nice quotes. Andd...Why what?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home