Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, October 22

This will probably sound dumb but...

Alright, I’m digging the Beat thing and I have been for a while - I recently finished Howl, read On the Road Again a while ago, *and* I’ve even been to City Lights Bookstore. I have read Lawrence Ferlinghetti and after I finished about two of his poems, I wanted to go back to City Lights and throw myself at his awesomely Beat feet. I watched and loved Funny Face mostly because I went through the ‘Audrey Hepburn phase’ where I watched a ton of her movies, excluding War and Peace. Although I think I own it. o.0

(Note: I love and adore Audrey Hepburn and I think her exquisite, but darling Audrey, we know you’re gorgeous, we know you’re sweet, we know you can dance, we know you were a saint and were a spokesperson for UNICEF, and we *definitely* know you can act – so darling, darling Audrey, why did you have to try to sing in Funny Face?)

So tonight I’m reading a ton of articles on the Gothic Charm School blog and low and behold what do I see?
I’m not a goth at all, I just was reading this because it was on Yahoo Picks. I’m more of a neo-Beatnik, you might say, with a bit of “the world sucks” and “I was in the wrong generation” frame of mind.

Suddenly, all I can think of is – “What!? People like this exist? I’m not the only one after all? HURRAH!”

Which was closely followed by a “Neo-Beatnik? So that’s like what, beatnik with a twist?”
Cause honestly, me and leotards just don’t mix.

Does anyone have a good explanation?

(actually I wrote this last night, but I forgot to post it. Then I wrote the entry above and realized I'm not going about this in a very organized manner. Not that I'm organized)

Feeling: Like I’m *this* close to finding my niche (and totally stressed out because of school… not that anyone would know with all the procrastinating I’ve been doing. I am soooo going to pay for this one.)
Listening to: I don’t really know, sometimes I have music on, then it trails off and I don’t notice.
Word/ Phrase of the day: “this is beyond awkward…” << Just. Don’t. Ask.

I’m signing out dadeeo, you dig?

4 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

no. nobody has an explanation. Where is this site? I wanna now my label. Not that I'll follow it. Or...I don't know what I'm saying, does this site even tell this stuff. Roger.

10:08 p.m.  
Blogger Sparrow said...

the site is http://www.gothic-charm-school.com/ and that's just what it is. Goths write her and she gives 'lessons' (and sometimes rants) about the ups and downs of being goth. It's worth a look if you're curious about anything on the goth scene, but that's about it.

Besides, if someone told you what label you were it would destroy all that wonderful teen angst of 'where do I fit?' Which everyone *must* angst endlessly about.

12:19 a.m.  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

The label wouldn't matter as identification, just more to see what other people see.

3:43 p.m.  
Blogger Sparrow said...

It would be interesting to see what others think. I should start taking a survey.

2:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home