Random Nothingness
So my sister and I watched Gray’s Anatomy last night and I’ve decided it is now completely and officially a soap opera. You’ve got the amnesia patient, adopted child, parental angst, the ever present cancer/sickness angst, lots of ex’s and ‘dark pasts’ and people sleeping together and cheating left and right. But I couldn’t believe how tired I was last night until I was falling asleep in front of the TV. So I walked into my bedroom and promptly collapsed on the bed and fell asleep in my clothes. I hate it when I do that, because I always seem to wake up at roughly 2 AM blearily thinking “…crap”.
So yesterday I went to sell my textbooks ready to start singing “we’re in the money” as I walk away counting $20 bills.
No such luck.
I ended up making $12 and selling the two lightest textbooks I had. My 75 dollar used poetry textbook has a newer edition coming out in july and I have to wait till August until I can sell my human geography text. The weirdest part was I couldn’t decide what I hated the most – not having that money I was hoping to spend on some t-shirts at HotTopic, or the fact I had to schlep all those textbook hither and yon while my mum bought me a new outfit for San Diego.
Also while I was killing time the other day I thought I’d take a different bus downtown from school. So the rout when all around Oak Bay (?) and passes this beautiful cemetery on the way. I thought I’d be fun to take a walk there anyway and I’m so glad I did. I just wish I had my camera on me at the time because it’s beautiful. Now I just have to go back one of these days. WITH a camera.
Feeling: Meh – sister dragged me out of the house and I bought bread, found Terry’s Chocolate oranges on sale for $2.99, and sent a skirt to have a zipper replaced. It’s a $12 skirt with an $18 zipper…woot.
Listening to: Donovan – Beat Café
Word/ Phrase of the day: Why is my computer geek not forthcoming?
Labels: Computer Hate, Feeling Lazy, Photos

2 Comments:
That's what I thought... 50% back on textbooks (missed the "up to" part). One textbook was around $40 and they offered $8. As if I'm giving it back to them for that amount! It would be cheaper just to sell them on eBay or amazon.ca. I tell ya, unviersity/college bookstores are a scam! :P
damn cash grabs. Why is it suddenly everyone wants my money??
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home