I am now fully pixilated!

Go me!
Just to explain, I'm having some fun experimenting here with photos. (Yes, I took this photo – assuming it works and shows up and it actually worked out a bit nicer than I originally planed.) I was having one of those marvelous days when you have ten million things to get done in about two hours, one of those things to be done was a final project for my Journalism class. I had this awesome idea that I would take some photos that would connect to a short story I would write and I wanted it to be a full layout like something one would read in a magazine. Not only that, but when I was in Paris two(?) years ago, I took this awesome picture of the Eiffle Tower in the black and white mode on the camera. So I figured the short story I would write would have the setting in Paris. Anyway, I worked out this magnificently deep plot line that included the protagonist being alone in Paris without friend or family to advise her and how she felt alone, but then gets the hang of the alone-but-within-humanity thing. And then she makes all these great philosophical thoughts and ends it looking out her window onto a Parisian alleyway.
Too bad halfway though the beginning of the story I realized I wasn’t a compentent enough writer to pull it off.
So I found a short story I wrote in grade 10.
Only, I forgot how much it really did suck. No really, it made me want to gouge out my eyes – and I’m the one who wrote the stupid thing. Anyway, I re-wrote it and it turned out okay the second time I guess. I’m still not wild about it, but it worked for my purpose. But I digress.
On this day of chaos and mayhem I took a walk to the nearest playground and took some pictures for the layout. Out of 25 or so pictures, I had about 10 really nice photos.
I used two in my layout. The others are kicking around my hard drive.
^That’s one of them.
I reiterate – go me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home