Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, December 15

Well that was...Interesting?

So I’m wandering around downtown Victoria about to catch the bus to back to my school so I could trade my textbooks for cash. And I’m waiting for the light to turn so I can actually catch the bus I’ve ALWAYS wanted to catch but always miss anyway when I notice there’s a lady at the other side of the street who didn’t cross when the light turned. Which had me mildly confused. But meh, what do I care? (My city-girl mentality coming back to haunt…) But HEY she decided to give me a pamphlet “from Jesus”. Literally. It’s was signed “ –Jesus”. Now I have nothing wrong with Christianity and mentally off kilter people on the street trying to convert the heathens. And to give her credit, the woman kind of inspired an epiphany deep inside my cynical heart.

But the next time they ask if I’ve accepted Jesus into my heart, I’m screaming at the top of my lungs “Jesus is NOT THE MESSIAH!! You’re barking up the wrong Jewish tree!”
…Just because I can.
(And yes, I am Jewish so it's not a lie!)



Feeling: Happily content and nerdy. (I bought COMIC BOOKS! I’m special.)
Listening to: the radio
Word/ Phrase of the day: “Just cause I’m cool like that.”

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

I agree. Those people don't know how to evangelise. We might not be on the same page fully, and I'm probably not even on the page I should be on anyway, but I'm pretty sure it should be done the other way around. I'll explain it. The Christians life should be something that amazes those who see it in others. Something that bring them questioning to that person, not hypocritical, Bible thumping Jesus-wannabe's swarming people who don't want anything to do with it. The 'evangelism' adopted by the modern church is why people aren't too fond of Christians. It's stupid really. On behalf of that woman, I apologize.

Jewish eh? That's cool.

12:26 a.m.  
Blogger Sparrow said...

No need to apologize, though that's really sweet. I really don't find those types of people annoying. In fact, I find them very amusing. Which is the opposite image they're trying to give, but I really can't change that. This woman made me realize something I hadn't considered before. And she really was pretty nice about it. Bus as far as I'm concerned, Bible-bashing really is preaching to the converted. So there's no harm really.

...Preaching to the converted... oops. No pun intended

10:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home