What people (namely me) will do when they're bored
This was actually written a few days ago, but I wrote in down in my notebook of madness instead of typing it down and posting it that day. So bear with me here.
Today, I regret to inform you is the last day of March break. Granted, it was extended to two weeks...but still. Many people went to some amazing places during these last few weeks. Mexico, Disneyland, Cuba, Europe, Greece (Sarah, I now hate you for that one), Grandma and Grandpa’s farm, etc. Well congratulations to all you people.
How did I spend my two glorious weeks of vacation, you may ask? I spent two weeks trying my hardest to make my pupils become square in shape, reading bad fanfiction, and probably gaining weight. (The last one I’m not so sure about though. I make it a habit to avoid our scale like the black plague.) And that pretty much summarizes my whole vacation. Hurrah for me.
But I digress. Today is the last day. And now I have to finally give in and do my homework. *Shudder*
But before I do that, I’ve – in a last attempt to avoid the trials of math – surfed blogs. The most desperate thing to be done.
To be fair, said activity can sometimes be fun. I once found a fascinating blog written by a retired Irish man. The blog also had a link to a site, which calculated how long you have to live. Once I figured out when that date was, I then showed the site to two very close friends of mine. Big mistake. I’m going to die first!!! *sobs*
Unfortunately, one doesn’t always find such interesting things. In fact, surfing blogs can be downright dangerous. Take for example Pink Gay Blog. I’m not joking. Usually I’m willing to give anything a try, but when I saw the title “am I a bad person for wanting to adopt…” in the archives list, well I checked it out. Here I am expecting some sort of ugly puppy but no! What do I find the rest of it to be?!?! “am i a bad person for wanting to adopt a cute little asian girl just because she could pull off these shoes?” A picture of some awful black and white checkered sneakers followed this. My reaction – ron, you aren’t necessarily a bad person, but you do need some serious psychiatric help, and an itroduction to your shift key. (It's called CAPITAL letters!)
So I fled that site pretty quickly - and found myself into suburbia at it’s finest.
“My hiding place” is a sweet little peach and pink blog. Cute, sweet, adorable – excuse me while a gag. The picture of “lisabazillionkids” was one of a woman slightly underneath middle age, hugging a charming little rug-rat.
After reading some of the headlines of the entries, I took a short break from writing to cough up some up some of this American Dream seasoned with suburbia hell.
Once again, I fled the site.
It astounds me what you can find on the internet, since just about every other person has a blog or two. (Well if I managed to get one, you know it’s true.)
Some other sites I found:
-A blog on wildflowers found on the coast of Singapore
(Oh for the love of...)
-A blog for a collage guy with way too much time,
(Go nerds like me!!)
-A blog for some teacher
(I'm trying to AVOID school)
-And then there was (fanfare please) “Poseygurl’s Penultimate Postings”. Poseygurl is a teen mad at the world because she can’t post pictures on her website because she uses a Mac. My humble advice to you Poseygurl – Suck it up sunshine! If it’s such a problem, invest in a PC!
But then I found the piece du resitance…http://www.trrnnn.blogspot.com. Some guy trying to play newscaster. He attempted to give the people “real news”. Unfiltered, unflattering, and REAL. What had me laughing my head off at this site was the “news headlines”. Black Jewish Lesbian without health care begs to be kept alive; disappointed at lack of government action on her behalf.
Lets be honest. This woman is a walking hate crime waiting to happen. The government already has kept her alive; it’s illegal to kill people. There. Done. What else does she want?
Well I’ll stop there, suck it up, and do my homework.
I am now suitably amused and am somewhat willing to purge myself into the frustrations of math.
~Ruthieca
Today, I regret to inform you is the last day of March break. Granted, it was extended to two weeks...but still. Many people went to some amazing places during these last few weeks. Mexico, Disneyland, Cuba, Europe, Greece (Sarah, I now hate you for that one), Grandma and Grandpa’s farm, etc. Well congratulations to all you people.
How did I spend my two glorious weeks of vacation, you may ask? I spent two weeks trying my hardest to make my pupils become square in shape, reading bad fanfiction, and probably gaining weight. (The last one I’m not so sure about though. I make it a habit to avoid our scale like the black plague.) And that pretty much summarizes my whole vacation. Hurrah for me.
But I digress. Today is the last day. And now I have to finally give in and do my homework. *Shudder*
But before I do that, I’ve – in a last attempt to avoid the trials of math – surfed blogs. The most desperate thing to be done.
To be fair, said activity can sometimes be fun. I once found a fascinating blog written by a retired Irish man. The blog also had a link to a site, which calculated how long you have to live. Once I figured out when that date was, I then showed the site to two very close friends of mine. Big mistake. I’m going to die first!!! *sobs*
Unfortunately, one doesn’t always find such interesting things. In fact, surfing blogs can be downright dangerous. Take for example Pink Gay Blog. I’m not joking. Usually I’m willing to give anything a try, but when I saw the title “am I a bad person for wanting to adopt…” in the archives list, well I checked it out. Here I am expecting some sort of ugly puppy but no! What do I find the rest of it to be?!?! “am i a bad person for wanting to adopt a cute little asian girl just because she could pull off these shoes?” A picture of some awful black and white checkered sneakers followed this. My reaction – ron, you aren’t necessarily a bad person, but you do need some serious psychiatric help, and an itroduction to your shift key. (It's called CAPITAL letters!)
So I fled that site pretty quickly - and found myself into suburbia at it’s finest.
“My hiding place” is a sweet little peach and pink blog. Cute, sweet, adorable – excuse me while a gag. The picture of “lisabazillionkids” was one of a woman slightly underneath middle age, hugging a charming little rug-rat.
After reading some of the headlines of the entries, I took a short break from writing to cough up some up some of this American Dream seasoned with suburbia hell.
Once again, I fled the site.
It astounds me what you can find on the internet, since just about every other person has a blog or two. (Well if I managed to get one, you know it’s true.)
Some other sites I found:
-A blog on wildflowers found on the coast of Singapore
(Oh for the love of...)
-A blog for a collage guy with way too much time,
(Go nerds like me!!)
-A blog for some teacher
(I'm trying to AVOID school)
-And then there was (fanfare please) “Poseygurl’s Penultimate Postings”. Poseygurl is a teen mad at the world because she can’t post pictures on her website because she uses a Mac. My humble advice to you Poseygurl – Suck it up sunshine! If it’s such a problem, invest in a PC!
But then I found the piece du resitance…http://www.trrnnn.blogspot.com. Some guy trying to play newscaster. He attempted to give the people “real news”. Unfiltered, unflattering, and REAL. What had me laughing my head off at this site was the “news headlines”. Black Jewish Lesbian without health care begs to be kept alive; disappointed at lack of government action on her behalf.
Lets be honest. This woman is a walking hate crime waiting to happen. The government already has kept her alive; it’s illegal to kill people. There. Done. What else does she want?
Well I’ll stop there, suck it up, and do my homework.
I am now suitably amused and am somewhat willing to purge myself into the frustrations of math.
~Ruthieca

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home