Oh yeah! Who’s employed! (Answer below)
Answer: Me
I finally started at my job the other day. So far it’s been cool because: - I get a heck of a lot of training which sounds boring (and probably is) but I appreciate it none-the-less since at my old job I followed a more experienced waitress for three hours and then *the next day* was tossed into an 8 hour shift not knowing what the hell I was doing.
(Wow, run on sentence… Oh well.)
- I don’t know any of the people who go through the till I’m packing bags so far except for a couple family friends. BUT I do know the people who work at the store. So far I’ve caused two great double-takes from people I know – and counting!
People I know> *double-take followed by a couple seconds of stunned silence* How long have you worked here?!
Me> This is my second day. *grin*
Unfortunately, I was confident enough the other day to offer to take an extra 8 hour shift today so I’ll be working a grand total of 5 days in a row with a total of 27 hours. Go me.
Feeling: Pretty tired
Listening to: …nothing right now. I would remedy that, but I have to get ready for work now.
Word/ Phrase of the day: “So I had the weirdest dream last night…”
(and I really didn’t edit this, so please ignore any glaring mistakes.)
I finally started at my job the other day. So far it’s been cool because: - I get a heck of a lot of training which sounds boring (and probably is) but I appreciate it none-the-less since at my old job I followed a more experienced waitress for three hours and then *the next day* was tossed into an 8 hour shift not knowing what the hell I was doing.
(Wow, run on sentence… Oh well.)
- I don’t know any of the people who go through the till I’m packing bags so far except for a couple family friends. BUT I do know the people who work at the store. So far I’ve caused two great double-takes from people I know – and counting!
People I know> *double-take followed by a couple seconds of stunned silence* How long have you worked here?!
Me> This is my second day. *grin*
Unfortunately, I was confident enough the other day to offer to take an extra 8 hour shift today so I’ll be working a grand total of 5 days in a row with a total of 27 hours. Go me.
Feeling: Pretty tired
Listening to: …nothing right now. I would remedy that, but I have to get ready for work now.
Word/ Phrase of the day: “So I had the weirdest dream last night…”
(and I really didn’t edit this, so please ignore any glaring mistakes.)
Labels: Double-take, Employment

1 Comments:
Ill need to get a job one day...yup. That will be a sad sad day. But not really. More like...a door opening day.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home